Sports and fun
Whether hiking, cycling or golf, whether mountaineering, mountain biking or Nordic walking, whether swimming, pedal boating or water skiing – from our house, it is only a small step in your unforgettable relaxing active holiday.
Hiking at the Wörthersee
Take a leisurely stroll along the lakeshore or recharge your batteries on relaxing hikes. Thanks to the mild climate of the Wörthersee region and the pleasant water temperatures, your hike will be an absolute recreational experience.
Wörthersee circular walk
No question, at Lake Wörthersee many think of bathing fun, scene or golf. There are many wonderful walks starting and ending at Carinthia’s largest bathtub. Not only forest and meadow walks, but also very tough tours.
The Wörthersee circular route Wörthersee Rundwanderweg, has a total distance of about 55 km and the terrain is hilly with some steep ascent and descent (altitude 440-850 m, about +/- 2200 vertical meters), the route runs mostly in wooded Area, with always beautiful views of both the Wörthersee and the Karawanken.
On the trail of the Wörthersee Mandl
Embark on the approximately 55 km long circular walk around the Wörthersee with the legendary figure. The path is well marked and marked blue-white-blue.
The circular route consists of the theme sections FIRE, EARTH, WATER, AIR and is symbolically marked with these four colors of the elements. Learn stories from bygone times and interesting facts about the special conditions of the exceptional lake district.
extensive maps on the topics: hiking, cycling and mountain biking. The most beautiful hiking and biking tours in the Wörthersee region are worked great on the new tour portal.
- Compare tours and choose
- watch pictures
- read exact directions
- Information about the route length, duration and gradient
- Classification of the degree of difficulty of the terrain and the necessary condition
- Simple printing of a tour sheet with map, directions and all important information
- Download GPS track for each tour
Get this free download for your smartphone – your very own travel guide! Carinthia Tour Guide from ALPSTEIN Tourismus GmbH & Co.KG
GeoCaching at Wörthersee
Alpe Adria TrailIn Carinthia dream paths in a unique mountain bathing lake landscape in all altitudes wait. The flagship number one is the Alpe-Adria-Trail, which leads in 43 stages and over 750 kilometers from the Grossglockner in Carinthia to the sea. But Carinthia is not all about hiking alone. Enrich your hiking holiday with “magical moments”, organized day tours with trained guides, the encounter with scenic beauty, wildlife, culture and culinary experience in a very special way.
Running & Walking
Running and running park: a lake for all cases
Whether sophisticated or down to earth cozy with the typical Carinthian walking hospitality; whether physically active or calm and relaxing. Holidays on the water and in the mountains on the sunny side of the Alps. So versatile is holiday in Velden am Wörthersee.
bikingRelaxing on the pedals, the sun against inspired by the turquoise waters of the Wörthersee, the gentle mountains and the mild climate. Moments of happiness you hold for home.
All cycle paths in Carinthia lead to the water, the sun and the beautiful nature. At Wörthersee and in the neighboring Rosental there are great opportunities to explore nature by bike.
And the best thing about it:
You do not even have to carry your own bikes with you. We have enough bicycles for you to borrow and this summer again the very latest electric mountain bikes.
Families and recreational cyclists cycle around the Wörthersee or sections or cycle along the Drauradweg “R1” which runs between East Tyrol and Maribor in Slovenia through the picturesque Rosental.
The Drau cycle path awarded by the ADFC as a 4-star quality cycle route leads from the origin of the Drau in the Toblacher field in Italy 366 km along the river of the same name through East Tyrol and Carinthia to Marburg in Slovenia. An expansion of Marburg to the mouth of the Black Sea is planned in the medium term.Facts about the Drauradweg
- from Dobbiaco (ITA) to Maribor (SLO) about 366 km
- continuous signage (in Carinthia designation R1)
- runs mostly directly on the Drauufer
- well developed (asphalt, sand or fine gravel cover)
- best negotiated with trekking bikes
- Mountain bikes recommended in Slovenia
- suitable for families in Italy and Carinthia
- many attractions in the immediate vicinity of the bike path also with Carinthia Card
- the most beautiful lakes in the immediate vicinity of the bike path
MountainbikeRacerRacing cyclists choose routes of varying difficulty that even lead to Slovenia and Italy. A free map – with 18 selected tours from the cyclist Paco Wrolich – brings racing cyclists literally on tour.
The cycling map compiled by Radprofi Wrolich offers 18 selected training tours that can be experienced at any time. It is available free of charge from Wörthersee Tourismus GmbH.
From light to very difficult routes everything is there.
Maybe you get a bit of a hobby and pack your bike to ride one or the other of the Drau Cycle Paths … and of course we can offer you any support for your cycling holiday, whether from the garage to the repair stand or the lunch box, we’ll try all of them To fulfill wishes!
- Ironman – 90 km – 850 km of altitude
- Around Lake Wörthersee – 74 km – 603 km of altitude
- Gurktal – 124 km – 422 vertical meters
- 5-lake cruise – 143 km – 646 meters altitude difference
- Jauntal round – 147 km – 546 vertical meters
- Pyramidenkogel – 74 km – 766 vertical meters
- Customs field – 115 km – 788 vertical meters
- Keutschacher Seenradmarathon – 154 km – 966 vertical meters
- Around the Sattnitz – 139 km – 1054 meters in altitude
- Diexer lap – 137 km – 1448 vertical meters
- Around the Villacher Alpe – 144 km – 1095 vertical meters
- Kozhuta round – 140 km – 1365 vertical meters
- Sella Nevea – 162 km – 1545 vertical meters
- Hochrindl – 137 km – 1865 meters in altitude
- Nassfeld – 175 km – 2197 meters in altitude
- Nockalmstrasse – 182 km – 2174 meters in altitude
- 3-country tour – 150 km – 2466 vertical meters
- Grossglockner – 124 km – 3066 meters in altitude
High ropes courses
Tightrope gardens and forest ropes parks
Trees, ropes, rollers, suspension bridges and carabiners – a tour through the forest rope park is a challenge and, above all, fun for the whole family. What awaits you? The bridges between the trees are built differently, sometimes you balance over unsteady boards or climb through rope loops, sometimes you cross narrow beams or you saunter through a rope slide, the Flying Fox through the forest. Should you ever get stuck, our qualified trainers will be there to help and advise you.